Smoothies are great: as breakfast, dessert/ snack or light lunch – but only, when you are making them filling and satisfying enough. I used to be scared of adding some extras like protein powder or peanut butter. As a result I got hungry soon after and I had to eat again and felt like shit then.
So, don´t be afraid to add all the goodies to make them filling and satisfying. A great example could be my favourite blueberry smoothie bowl.
Here are some tips, how to make your smoothie a great snack or meal:
– don’t be scared of nut butters! Smoothie as a snack: at least 1 tsp., for a meal 1 tbsp
– add a source of protein. Protein powder, powdered PB, chickpeas, kidney beans, curd or as toppings soy-crispies
– eat the damn banana. No need for cauliflower. The extra volume won’t keep you full (and tbh: It tastes disgusting)
– to make it satisfying: add sweetener, salt and spices like cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, vanilla, muskat, cardamom,…
– add some fibre with oats, flax seeds, chia seeds or any other seeds, topp with granola
– different textures: personally I prefer my smoothie creamy, rather than extremely liquid. But to make it an actual meal, I love to add some crunch. fresh fruit, cacao nibs, soy-crispies, granola, nuts, …
blueberry smoothie bowlCourse: breakfast, Desserts, recipes, snacksDifficulty: Easy
really doesn´t matterkcal
1 large frozen banana
1 handful frozen tropical mix or another frozen banana
1 handful frozen blueberries
1 tsp cinnamon
a squeeze of lemon juice
2 tbsp coconut joghurt or even better coconut cream
a splash of (plant) milk, I used rice-coconut
a drizzle of peanut butter
some hacked peanuts, soya crispies*, coconut flakes
- freeze bananas (without the peel) at least over night
- add all ingredients in a highspeed mixer (if yours isn´t that good, you might need more milk or let the fruits defrost first for a little while – the smoothie then might not be as thick)
- blend everything, pulse and if necessary scoop down the smoothie from the edges until everything is well blended.
- pour the smootie into a bowl, then add your favorite toppings and enjoy your smoothie bowl!
- the soya crispies I used (selfbought): Soja Protein Crispies 60 % kaufen | KoRo Onlineshop (korodrogerie.de)