Winter is here and with that more slow and cozy mornings. The colder weather might invite you to curl up in your blanket for a few extra minutes before you´re about to start your day. But not with an empty stomach! So, let´s nourish our body properly and make these comforting pot dumplings.
This recipe is vegan friendly and high in protein, which will prevent your blood sugars from peaking right in the morning. Keep you satisfied and full, so you can use your morning for a lot of productive things.
How to make the pot dumplings
So, let´s get started: Put on this energizing and happy playlist and start cooking.
The dough needs a little bit of resting time. So, if you don´t have a lot of time in the morning, you can even prepare them the night ahead. To form the balls, get your hands wet, this way, the dough won´t stick too much to your hands.
For the filling you can also use a slice of banana, other berries or even a teaspoon of chocolate spread. But I love the raspberries as they are a little sour, which goes really well with the sweet dumplings.
comforting chocolatey pot dumplings for 1Course: breakfast, recipesDifficulty: not the first time cooking
The recipe itself is easy, but make sure to follow the instructions. Especially the part with the wet hands. In case the dough is too sticky, add some more flour.
50g melted oat flakes
1 tbsp (coconut)sugar
1tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
5-6 raspberries (best frozen)
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp ground hazelnuts
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- combine the ingredients for the dough with a spoon, then let it rest in the fridge or freezer for 15-25minutes (or overnight)
- with wet hands form 4-6 balls, flatten them and place a raspberry in the middle, fold the edges over the raspberry and close the dumpling
- Heat up some water in a pot until it simmers, then place the dumplings in the water and reduce the heat. Let them cook until they rise up.
- when they are done cooking, take them out of the pot with a skimmer. then coat them in the coating mixture.
- Serve them with more berries and drizzle some chocolate sauce on top. And then most of all: Enjoy!
More breakfast ideas:
In case you tried this recipe, don´t forget to review it or tag me in your instagram story!