Food is more than just energy.
Food is also nourishment for the soul.
Food connects people with each other.
Brings cultures together.
Food plays a huge part in socializing.
Food is also meant to bring is comfort.
Food should leave us satisfied and nourish our inner child.
If eating would only be about getting energy in to survive: we could also eat soil – since it doesn´t have to taste good at all. I bet soil has at least some form of energy. (pleaso don´t try it out though!!!)
So, making peace with food does not only have an impact on the act of eating itself, or how our body´s look. It also impacts the way we act and feel in society. I missed so many opportunities to socialize with others in the past – just because food could have been invlived. Or if I attended: I was busy regretting my food choices instead of enjoying social gatherings. I spend nine months in a different country – without ever trying any traditional food – because I was so cared of gaining weight. But the only thing I gained was regret. regret that I missed so many lovely opportunities to connect with others.
It is your choice, if you let food ruin your friendships, ruin a social gathering or miss out on unique opportunities. It is never too late to turn around and be the one in charge again.
4 Tbsp edamame
2 handful salad
4-6 potatoes (boiled)
1/2 tbsp oil
some salt, pepper and paprica powder
- breaded tofu
1/2 block tofu
1/4 cup (25g) flour
40 ml milk
1/2 tsp mustard, pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder
1/4 cup (25g) breadcrumbs and 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp tahini
4 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp maple sirup or honey
- cut the potatoes in approx. 3 mm thick slices
- for the breaded tofu, cut it in little cubes, then mix flour milk, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl. Pour in a seperate bowl the breadcrumbs and yeast. Roll the tofu first in the wet mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, then fry the potatoes until golden brown on medium heat. Season it with salt, pepper and parpica powder. It works best when you´re only putting “one layer” in the pan and don´t flip them too often. – in the mean time you can make the dressing
- for the dressing stirr everything together – or use a blender to make it extra smooth
- when the potatoes are done, take them out and fry the tofu. In case it is too dry – add some oil.
- put the salad at the bottom of the bowl, then slice the cucumber, mango and avocado, pepare the edamame and put everything on top of the salad.
- optional sprinkle some roasted sesame on top and pour the dressing over. Enjoy!
- in case you are looking for a way to cut your mango like this – or even make a rose out of it: Search for “avocado rose” on pinterest! It is easier than it looks. You just need quite ripe fruits!