Who did not love pudding as a little child? I looooved it when my mom cooked some flavourful vanilla or chocolate pudding. Such a great dessert. But who says you can not have pudding for breakfast? This creamy and berrylicious pudding oats recipe, will fill you up and keep you feel full and satisfied to get through your morning.
Important is, that you are not using normal oats, but melted oats. I use these ones. Usually – at least in Germany – you can find them in the toddler-section of grocery stores. Normal oats will give the whole thing a weird and very unsatisfying texture, whilst you can not even spot the melted flakes in this pudding.
Pudding oats are a little bit higher in volume than usual porridge, but I experienced, that I bloat less from eating pudding oats than porridge, probably because it is lower in fibre and contains way more liquids.
Adding the protein powder is optional, but it adds a good amount of protein and it personally helps me to feel satisfied and full longer. For this one I used a neutral protein powder.
Without further due: Here´s the pudding oats recipe you where waiting for:
berries and cream pudding oats recipe
really doesn´t matterkcal
170ml milk (oats taste best in my opinion)
20 melted flakes
pinch of salt
1 pck. “cream” pudding powder
2 tbsp syrup/honey
1 tbsp protein powder
2 tbsp yoghurt, curd or skyr
1 tsp jam (+1 tsp water)
- pour the water, milk, oats and salt in a pot. Give it a quick stirr and put approximately 6 tbsp in a separate bowl. Bring the mixture in the bowl to boil. Every then and now give it a stir
- Mix the pudding powder, sweetener and the rest of the mixture in the separate bowl
- When the mixture is boiling, add the pudding powder -mixture whilst stirring
- Let it boil up one more time, than turn off the heat and stirr under the yoghurt and protein powder
- Pour it in a bowl, mix the jam with a little bit of water, and swirl it in the mixture. Add your favourite toppings and enjoy. When you let them cool down, it will be more a pudding like consistency, however I also like to have them warm .