“but bananas are so high in calories” makes me go ´nanas.
It is not all just about the calories. Food is so much more than this.
Food is meant to nourish your mind and soul. Bananas are for example high in vitamins and minerals.
- magnesium – plays an important rule in muscle contraction, lowers stress hormones and can prevent thrombosis
- potassium – is necessary for balanced cell fluids, especially when your diet is high in salt (natrium), it regulates the blood pressure and is a electrolyt for muscle control.
- A-,B- and C- Vitamins – are great for your immune system and real beauty booster.
Also: Yes, bananas might be higher in calories than other fruits, but they will also keep you full for longer because they are a good source of fibre. So by choosing a different fruit – you´re actually not saving calories at all. Same with eating only half of it: If you´reeating the whole thing – because this is what you feel like right now – it will keep you full for longer than half a banana. Makes sense, right? To be continued: Bananas are easy to digest and provide your body energy fast. This is great before or after a workout, as a pick-me-up snack or even breakfast.
Okay – so, bananas are actually a great source of energy. But what about banana bread? That´s like carbs with carbs.
Banans breads are amazing. They are a great breakfast or snack. It is nourishing, keeps you full and provides your body great energy to kickstart your day.
Let´s not get started about the smell, taste, fluffiness and how moist it is – even after days. Because bananas are quite sweet themselves, you don´t need to add a lot of sugar. My favorite combination is a lemon-blueberries-nana-bread. It is refreshing, moist, but yet very fluffy and not fudgy at all.
It works with fresh as well as frozen blueberries. But feel free to add any kind of berries you have on hand. Make sure you use very ripe bananas. If they are not ripe enough yet, put them – with the scalp- shortly in the oven or let them ly on top of apples for a day.
Without further due: Here´s the recipe for a delicious banana bread – that is supposed to be enjoyed guilt free!
refreshing banana breadCourse: Breakfast, Snacks, cakesDifficulty: Easy
2 1/2 large bananas or 4 small bananas
2 tsp apple cider vinegard or lemon juice
150 ml milk
25 ml canola oil
2 Tbsp joghurt or more oil
3 cups flour (300g)
2 Tbsp (coconut) sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
scalp of 1 lemon
1 cup blueberries
opt.: add two or three lemon flavDrops
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking pan
- smash the bananas with a mixer (or fork), add all the other liquid ingredients
- in a seperate bowl mix the dry ingredients (besides berries)
- pour the liquids over the dry and gently and short stirr the mixture to a dough
- if you are using frozen blueberries, roll them in flour and then gently folf them in the dough
- pour the dough in a greased baking pan and bake for 45 minutes
- use ripe bananas, if your´s aren´t ripe yet, read the description above
- you can use any kind of berries, but make sure- when they are frozen to roll them into some flour before you fold them into the dough
- you can also use this recipe for muffins. Then you just have to bake them for approximately 25 minutes