I used to not like wraps, because I found them as too dry and too tasteless. Well,… turned out, I just never put enough fillings in it. So, in case you´re remaking this hummus burrito: make sure to really stuff it and don´t be shy with the hummus and cream cheese. The juicier, the better.
This recipe is perfect for preparing ahead and bringing to work or a day-trip, but also if you just have a lot of cut vegetables in your fridge. Or you are like me – and you made too much hummus… again. It does not take long at all to prepare this burrito and bonus: you can make it vegan, veggie or even with meat, choose your option.
I went for the vegan option and used the shredded pea protein (linked down below), as I think it makes it even more juicier and refreshing. I just boiled the shredded protein in boiling broth salted) for approximately four minutes. If you use meat: season it with salt and pepper and fry it in a pan before adding it to the burrito.
why it is good for your body:
the whole grain wrap, cucumber, salad and pea protein adds fiber to your diet, which can support your digestion, bowel and gut movements. It will also keep your blood sugar upright and will leave you feel full for longer. But this meal is also high in protein because of the pea protein and hummus. Healthy fats are added by avocado, cream cheese and the hummus as well. Overall the hummus burrito will nourish your body and mind. So, without further due – here´s the recipe you came for:
refreshing hummus burritoCourse: lunch, snackCuisine: Mediterranean, MexicanDifficulty: Easy
really does not matterkcal
a nourishing, colourful lunch or snack idea for on the go, at work or at home. Try this burrito (or wrap – however you want to call it). The ingredients are aestimated, just put as much as you would like to in it 🙂
1 (whole grain) wrap
1/2 tbsp cream or cottage cheese
1/2 tbsp hummus (I used this one: pan pizza – doristrendfood )
1/4 onion (thinly sliced)
1/8 paprika (cut in sticks)
1/8 avocado (cut in “sticks”)
some cucumber (cut in sticks)
1/4 carrot, thinly sliced
some lettuce (thinly sliced)
handful of roasted chicken or shredded soy/pea protein (shortly boiled in broth)
- spread the cream cheese and hummus on the wrap
- place all the other ingredients on 1/3 of the wrap, in my opinion in works best when you place the cucumber like this * | | * and put everything in between/on top. Leave approximately 1.5 cm to the outer edges (bottom, left and right)
- whilst pulling the bottom over the heap of the fillings, fold the left and right inwards, so that nothing can fall out later. (How To Roll A Burrito – YouTube)
- I like it best shortly heated up in a sandwich-maker thingy, you can also heat it up in the microwave or pan or even eat it just like this.
- if you don´t have shredded soy, but still want to make it vegan, I recommend to saute some tofu instead. I used these ones (self bought : Erbsenprotein Schnetzel günstig online kaufen | KoRo | KoRo Onlineshop (korodrogerie.de) )