When I was growing up, pasta has been one of my favourite meal options. Spaghetti, Bolognese, spaghetti again, noodles with eggs, … All kind of variations. Now after going through a LOOONG period of not being a great fan of any kind of pastas, I rediscovered how great and simple pasta is. Especially one-pot pasta variations. This vegan friendly chicken Primavera one pot pasta is definitely one of my Favourites.
In case you do eat meat, you can opt for chicken, but I can´t tell you how to properly prepare it. But I guess the cooking procedure will be the same, despite you don´t have to cook the chicken before roasting it.
Friendly reminder, that carbs aren’t bad. 🍝
Even when carbs aren’t essential (means you could somehow survive without them), are carbs our bodies preferred source of energy. We all need at least some amount of carbs to function at our best over long term. Basically without carbs you can survive, with carbs you start living again!
Not eating enough carbs can lead to a weakened immune system, a negative affect on your metabolism (due to decreased thyroid output), mood swings – heck yes, they are real!! and impaired cognitive function.
So, next time someone is trying to convince you, that low-carb is the right way to go – spoil them with this insanely delicious one-pot-pasta recipe.
The chicken Primavera recipe
simple and vegan chicken Primavera One Pot pastaCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Italian, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
One pot pastas are one of my favourites, since I hate doing the dishes. Make sure to use a deeper pan for this one. Roasting (vegan) chicken in a pot, is usually a very sticky situation. If you don´t have a deeper pan – roast the chicken and then continue with a pot.
chicken or 1 1/2 cup pea protein snetzels*
1 tbsp olive oil
1 diced onion
1 thinly diced garlic clove
1 tsp paprica powder
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 cup peas
1 cup chickpeas
300g uncooked noodles, I used penne
600ml salted vegetable broth
200 ml cuisine (I used oats)
a dash of lemon juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp yeast flakes or a handful cheese
parsley, salt and a good amount of pepper to round it up
- cook the pea protein snetzels in vegetable broth (takes approx. 5 minutes), then drain it
- roast the pea protein snetzels in the olive oil, once it turns slightly brown, add the onion and garlic. Once the onion is glazed until translucent, add the spices, peas and chickpeas
- Stirr under the noddles shortly, then add the vegetable broth and cuisine, let it simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through. Make sure to give it a stirr every then and now, so the noodles cook evenly
- add the lemn juice, soy sauce, yeast flakes and the spinach, put on the lid once more and let it cook until the spinach wilts.
- taste it with salt, pepper and fresh parsley to round it up and enjoy!
- I use these ones: Erbsenprotein Schnetzel kaufen | KoRo Onlineshop (korodrogerie.de)
If you try this recipe, don´t forget to rate it or tag me in your instagram story. My Instagram: Doreen | ed recovery (@doristrendfood) • Instagram photos and videos . Make sure to follow me there as well, to stay updated and don´t miss any great recipes.
If you are looking for more italian inspired food, maybe you also like this easy and quick pan-pizza.