Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? I am absolutely ready for this discussion! Personally I would always choose dark chocolate over milk and especially white chocolate. So, when you´re like me and you actually prefer the slightly bitter taste – you have to try this dark chocolatey porridge.
There are only three scenarios, I am eating milk chocolate (just because I am really not that much a fan of the taste of milk chocolate)
- nutella. Do I need to say more? Hopefully not. For years I was terrified of real nutella because of the palm oil and all the sugar it has in it – but restricting the nutella, just because of it´s nutrition facts, does harm me more. So, every then and now, I dig the knife in a nutella jar and just enjoy it.
- when someone offers me something and I actually want to try it. When someone offers you something to eat – you are allowed to take it and try it. It´s not wrong, not weird, not weak.
- when it´s a chocolate covered biscuit.
However, dark chocolate satisfies my taste buds more – so without further due:
the perfect recipe for a dark chocolatey porridge
the perfect chocolatey porridgeCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
When you´re a dark chocolate lover – you will fall in love with this! No doubt. It´s very easy and it doesn´t need a lot of time. When your morning is more hectic, you can also prepare it the evening before and just heat it up in the microwave with a dash of milk again. You won´t need any artificial sweeteners or raffined sugars for this one.
1/2 cup oats (50g)
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1/2 – 1 cup water
1/2 oats milk
pinch of salt
1 medjool date – chopped into tiny pieces
1 tsp cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
(opt.: 1 tbsp cocoa nibs)
Toppings of your choice. I used defrosted raspberries and coconut joghurt.
- bring in a pot the water and milk together with the oats, date and pinch of salt to boil. Start with 1/2 cup of water, you can add more later in case it turns out too sticky.
- lower the heat and keep stirring, maybe add more water (I needed the whole cup)
- when the consistency is nearly perfect, add the cocoa and cinnamon as well as the cacao nibs.
- transfer into a bowl and add your favourite toppings. In case it is too herb, drizzle some syrup on top or add sweet fruits like strawberries or banana.
In case you tried this recipe, please review it and/or send me a picture of it on Instagram. I love to see it, when you´re recreating my recipes.