This is my absolute favourite pancake recipe. It is made with chickpea flower as well as normal flour. For the chickpea flour you can just buy dried chickpeas and grind it in a very good blender to fine flour. (that´s much cheaper then chickpea flour).
Combined with some scrambled egg (or tofu) and some fresh fruit this gives a full and satisfying meal. I highly recommend to not skip any of these components as this will lower the satisfaction factor.
why I use chickpea flour in my favourite pancake recipe
- chickpeas are naturally high in protein and protein can help us to feel full for longer, balance our blood sugars and they increase the satisfaction factor.
- it adds an interesting taste, however, I don´t recommend to use chickpea flour only, as this is just waaaay to chickpeaish (for me)
- don´t skipt the maple syrup. Maybe even add some more. Trust me! The given amount in the recipe is indeed the bare minimum.
- you can also make a savoury meal with these pancakes 🙂
favourite pancake recipeCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Below are the ingredients for the pancakes listed. To make it a full meal I recommend to add another protein source (like scrambled egg or scrambled tofu) as well as some fresh fruits or berries. That way this breakfast will be satisfying and it will keep you full for longer.
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup flour
1 heaped tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp flax seeds
3/4 cup milk (maybe a bit more)
1 tbsp maple syrup (or more, that´s the bare minimum)
1 tsp apple cider vinegard
- whisk the baking powder, salt, flour and chickpea flour together
- add the wet ingredients and give it a quick!!! stirr
- heat up a non-sticky pan (otherwise use oil or butter to bake the pancakes), heat up the pan on low heat and bake the pancakes (1 pancake = 2 heaped tablespoons)
- serve with scrambled egg* (1 egg + a dash of milk, salt, pepper, some herbs and 1/4tsp mustard) , some joghurt and berries for a full and satisfying meal!
- * you can also make a tofu scrambled meal for a full vegan meal.